Tips to Get Ready for Winter
Written on: October 17, 2023
Here are some ways to make this heating season a little easier—while saving you money along the way.
- If you haven’t done so already, enroll in our automatic delivery program to vastly lower the chance of running out of fuel. This is a free service. Why risk a run-out this winter, which will only add extra stress, a cold home and emergency start-up fees to your life?
- Schedule a heating tune-up before the cold weather sets in. Our technician will make sure your system will be ready to handle whatever winter brings us.
- To minimize repair costs, enroll in one of our heating oil service plans before winter arrives. Besides coverage for a wide range of parts and labor and priority 24-hour emergency heating service, the cost of your annual tune-up is also included!
Preparing for a Delivery
Here’s what you can do to help make sure that your heating fuel delivery can be made as efficiently as possible during the winter months.
- make sure your outdoor heating fuel storage tank is always cleared of ice and snow.
- shovel a path to your heating fuel tank or oil fill pipe after a snowstorm.
- mark the location of an underground tank with a stake that is visible above snow so our driver can find it easily.
- keep your driveway sanded and plowed and create a wide enough path so our bulk trucks can navigate it safely.
Our drivers thank you in advance!